About the Department
The Department of Engineering Mathematics was separately established from Academic Department in 2015 to provide solid foundation skills for Engineering education after upgrading from Government Technological College (GTC) to Technological University (Hinthata). At present, the Department offers First year to Fourth year Engineering Mathematics courses, being an integral part for Bachelor of Engineering degree program.
Engineering Mathematics is the art of applying mathematics to complex real-world problems. It combines mathematical theory, practical engineering and scientific computing to address today’s technological challenges.
The primary goal of the Department is to provide effective instruction of Mathematical knowledge and skills to Engineering education with focusing on mathematics and its applications. Due to this, the Department is guided by curriculum and pedagogical recommendations made by Associations of all Engineering disciplines, particularly Engineering Mathematical Association for Technological Universities.
Our mission is to nurture the students to become smart engineers who can drive the national development growth, by providing qualify Engineering Mathematics instruction to develop problem-solving ability and critical thinking skills.
The Engineering Mathematics Department as a solid foundation Department aspires to educate and produce qualified smart engineers who can systematically analyze and solve real needs problems for the building of the nation and wellbeing for all people.
Mathematics for Technology and Engineering development
- We attempt to achieve at least 78% students’ satisfaction in evaluation on Instructors from the department.
- We offer completely course instruction in accordance with Lesson Plan within teaching time frame.
- We encourage students to be self-directed learners, logical and technical thinking through conducting both Written and Viva tests, including 4 written tests and 2 oral tests in one academic year.
Description of Courses
- EM 11001, Engineering Mathematics I
Functions, Limit & Continuity, Differentiation, Application of Derivatives, Integration
- EM 12002, Engineering Mathematics II
Complex Numbers, Linear Algebra I, Techniques of Integration, Lines , Circles & Conic Section, Mathematical Induction & Probability
- EM 21003, Engineering Mathematics II
Applications of Definite Integral, Integrals and Transcendental Functions, Parametric Equations and Polar Coordinates, Vectors and Geometry of Space, Linear Algebra II
- EM 22004, Engineering Mathematics IV
Vector-valued function, Partial Differentiation, Multiple Integrals, Vector Analysis, First Order ODEs
- EM 31005, Engineering Mathematics V
1st ODEs, Linear DE and 2nd Order, Higher order DEs, Laplace Transform, Fourier series
- EM 32006, Engineering Mathematics VI
Complex Analytic Function, Complex Integration, Power Series, Taylor Series, Laurent Series, Integration by the Method of Residues, Conformal Mapping
- EM 41007, Engineering Mathematics VII
Numeric in General, Numeric Linear Algebra, Numeric for ODEs and PDEs, Unconstrained Optimization: Linear Programming
- EM 42008, Engineering Mathematics VIII
Graph, Combinatorial Optimization, Probability, Statistics and Queueing theory, Mathematical Statistics
Members of Department